Romanian Savings Bank Palace (CEC Palace) was completed in 1900 after the design made by the french architect, Paul Gottereau and supervised by the Romanian architect Ion Socolescu.
Before the construction of the palace here was a church demolished in 1875 and an inn.
The palace was built in the eclectic style and it has an impressive glass and metal dome in the center which allows natural light to flow inside and 4 small domes on each corner of the building. The entrance in the palace with its facade reminds the viewer about the Petit Palais from Paris.
It's the headquarter of CEC Bank (the former state savings bank). Acrosss the street we find The National Museum of Romanian History and The Old Center area.