The Military Club
The Military Club is the cultural institution of the Romanian army. This beautiful building was designed in the French neoclassic style by the architect Dimitrie Maimaroiu. The construction was started in 1911 and inaugurated a few years later.
On the place, there was an inn and a church: Sarindar Church, a very old church, built around 1652. Unfortunately, during the years several earthquakes damaged the church and in the end it was completely demolished.
Today, on that place stands a fountain, Sarindar Fountain and this beautiful building.
The Military Club is used today for art exhibitions, cultural events and receptions. There is a restaurant and a terrace open to the public.